Ever wish there was an easy way to keep track of your health history and medications?
That’s exactly what My Health Record is made for!
Keep reading to learn more!
What is My Health Record?
My Health Record is a private online summary of your important health information. This means your important health information can be available when and where it’s needed, including in an emergency.
You can control what goes in your ‘My Health Record’ and choose what information you share with the healthcare providers involved in your care.
Why should you use My Health Record?
By allowing your healthcare providers to upload, view and share documents in your My Health Record, you’ll be giving them a more detailed picture of your health history.
This helps us:
- Keep track of your health history and medications
- Make decisions, diagnose and treat you
- Provide better continuity of care as you move between services
- Be well-prepared prior to your appointment
And it means you don’t have to recall your entire health history.
Having your information all in one place means:
- You won’t have to rehash health issues you feel uncomfortable talking about
- You’ll avoid misunderstandings caused by language barriers if English isn’t your first language
- Your healthcare providers will be able to collaborate better, increasing safety around your treatment and medication usage
Watch this video to discover how other people are using My Health Record:
How secure is My Health Record?
My Health Record has strong safeguards in place to protect your information.
- laws and significant penalties for misuse of your information,
- technologies such as firewalls and system monitoring to block unauthorised access,
- cyber security personnel who perform regular security checks, and
- security processes for software and mobile apps that limit who can access the My Health Record system.
Rest assured that no one other than the clinicians providing you with clinical care can access your information. You can restrict access to your entire record using a Record Access Code – you give an access code to your healthcare provider before they can access your record.
Learn more about who can access your My Health Record.
How to opt in to My Health Record
You will already have a My Health Record if you didn’t opt out when the record was first introduced in 2018. If you opted out and want to opt back in, you can re-register online.
On the flipside, you can permanently delete your record at any time. No back-ups will be made when you do that, however copies stored on your healthcare provider’s system will not be deleted.
Do you have any questions?